Friday, June 15, 2007

My Attempt At making Lagsane.



My very first attempt at making lagsane wasn't a very promising start. I did a few errors and had a setback when making the lagsane.



Here are the reasons why it went wrong, (cons)
1. I didn't know how to use the pastry for the lagsane.


2. I didn't add enough tomato sauce into it. ( i used 1 can, i think i should have used 2 cans instead)

3. My brother said i didn't add enough mozzarella cheese into the lagsane. Even when i had used a whole packet of mozzarella cheese and added some 1/4 of a bar of Kraft cheddar cheese into it. ( mozzarella is very expensive, the cheapest small packet was rm 10, not including the cheddar)


4. I didnt bake it long enough and hot enough. I baked for 45minutes at 150
(i worried the top layer would burn)

5. The minced meat i got at a nearby grocery market wasn't fine enough. Therefore it tasted like thinly slice meat more than it tasted like nice chunky mince meat. Also minced pork isn't the right type of meat for lagsane, aussie beef would have been better.


However, (pros)
1. The cheese combination, cheddar and mozzarella was rather tasty.
2. The tomato sauced i picked was the right type, so it did taste good in it. But, i need more of it.


well if i cant do it the right way the first time, try try again i will...

No comments: